Our Better Strength @ Home Program can help improve strength and mobility, and increase the patient’s independence. After an evaluation by a
physical therapist, an individualized program including strength training and therapeutic exercise is developed for each patient. A home safety
inspection will also be provided. This program will be administered where the patient feels most comfortable—in their home or residence of choice.
Treatment principles include—Strength and Endurance : Studies show that exercise training can increase strength up to 48% over a 12 week period.
Safety in the Home Environment— since 75% of falls occur in home settings, it is important to identify the environmental factors that play a part
in many falls. Patient and Family Education - our program information includes illustrated home exercise programs and checklist for home safety.
Benefits to Patients/Caregivers and Physicians
- Improves strength and endurance which improves patients’ sense of well-being
- Evaluates home environment for safety concerns
- Make recommendations regardinthe safety of the home environment
- Educate the patient and family regarding appropriate exercises,fall prevention and safety
- Chicago founded agency that understands the local population.